Thursday, October 11, 2007

Speed Demon

I have submitted my irrevocable resignation in the office this morning.

My boss wants me to stay but I already made up my mind. Still, she keeps on pestering me to reconsider my decision to no avail.

So, I packed up my things and went straight to the parking lot and drove off.

I soon found myself traversing the Maharlika highway south of Metro Manila.

When I reach Sto. Tomas, Batangas I decided to eat lunch at a restaurant the name of which escapes me but it is near the gasoline station on the side of the road.

I ordered Bulalo and boy was it good!

After paying the bill, I decided to go to Tagaytay City in Cavite but when I reached Malvar town I changed my mind and so I went back to Manila for some unfinished business.

I am a speed demon. I am the king of the road - a highway star.

In fact, I really want to become like Mike. Not His Airness, though. That's Michael Schumacher for you, the Ferrari world champ.

I was cruising the South Super Highway running at about 170 kph when this flaming red Mitsubishi Eclipse overtook and passed me with the driver raising his left hand doing the finger in the air as if to mock me.

I smiled and pushed on the accelerator and watched the speedometer rise until it could go on no further.

"Heck, my car was no match for this son of a gun", I whispered to myself.

My car a Honda Civic though still in good running condition was no match for a sports car like the Eclipse.

Just when I decided to give up the futile race, I saw him slowing down and when I was about to catch up with him he would accelerate and I saw his face mocking and laughing at me with contempt.

This went on for as far as I remember until we reach the tool gate. I followed him as he reached Magallanes and turn towards Manila and stopped at the red light on Zobel- Roxas intersection in Makati.

I got my 9mm Glock pistol from the dashboard and walked out of the car towards the side of the driver of the red car.
I knocked at his window and as he turned his head to look, I shot him right between the eyes and slumped into his seat.

I got back to my car and sped off before the startled bystanders and other drivers could react.

"Woohoo, its payback time!"

No comments: