Saturday, March 01, 2008

What is Love?

“Love is a many splendored thing”, as the old saying goes.

But my answer to that is the song “I want to know what love is” by Foreigner.

So, here I am at 2 o’clock in the morning cruising along the lonely stretch of Quezon Avenue looking for the proverbial girl of my dreams.

Then I saw her, with a lit cigarette stick on her left hand, heavily made-up, in a red mini skirt and black tops. She was a stunner with her long black and silky hair falling down to her shoulders waiting for somebody to pick her up.

“Perfect”, I muttered as my 4x4 halted to a slow stop.

I rolled down my power windows and asked her if she care for a ride?

After a few exchange of pleasantries and small talk she agreed to join me for a night of adventure.

I found myself traversing the empty Aguinaldo Highway in Imus, Cavite en route to Tagaytay City. We arrived at my rest house at 10 minutes to three in the morn.

She went directly to the shower while I went straight to the cooler and grabbed a can of Heineken to quench my thirst.

The sight of her beautiful and naked body with the cool and silky voice of Billie Holiday in the background greeted me as I entered the Mediterranean- inspired bedroom.

She rose and met me across the room. We kissed and caressed each other.

The sweet scent of Victoria’s Secret lotion on her soft skin soothed my tired mind and body.

We made love in the carpeted floor until we fall asleep.

The sound of rap music coming from the Boom Box next door woke me up from my sleep. I got out of bed, put on my robe as I made my way out of the bedroom and peeped through the slightly ajar next door and saw her on the treadmill.

I headed for the kitchen for a cup of hot chocolate and French bread.

When I pulled the drawer, I saw the sharp and glistening Solingen set of knives that brought home from one of my travels abroad.
.
The sight of the human heart on my left hand jolted me back to my senses.

It’s only then that realized that it’s Valentine’s Day.
So, what is Love to me?

“Love means never having to say you’re sorry.”





Note: this story was to be my Valentine’s Day post but heavy work loads in the office prevented me from posting it on time. I will update you about my latest adventures next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's been 1 year when i visited your blog, and still i am stunned with your stories. I'm hoping to read more of your stories soon.. Good Luck ^_^