Saturday, October 28, 2006

Baptism of Fire

So, I set my sights on Diana, the muse of our class.

Everything began with a simple smile and we ended up as sweethearts two weeks later.

After a month we were lovers.

A year and a half later she’s dead and to never be heard of again.

Oh who can forget that sweet little thing!

We shared so many happy memories together but the urge and the thrill of finally fulfilling my long cherished dream of having my first human victim is greater than the love that I felt for her then.

As the saying goes, you can’t forget your first time! I can still vividly remember the last night that we were together. It was a very serene and moonlit night in Lake Caliraya and we were onboard a boat that we rented for a few hundred bucks. We were making love under the moonlight while in the middle of the lake when the thought of finally fulfilling my long cherished dream of killing somebody flashed like a lightning into my mind.

Right there and then I strangled and suffocated her with her own shirt and after a brief struggle, she’s gone and it was so easy. I can’t believe the feeling that crept into me moments later for it was not of remorse but of triumph.

Afterwards, I plucked three of her pubic hairs and put it inside my wallet for posterity and I then tied a rope on her ankles, put on my Scuba gears and dragged her to the bottom of the lake that will serve as her final resting place.

Years later I would return to that lake to offer my prayers for her happiness wherever she might be.

But that’s getting ahead of the story...

My first concern was to cover my tracks so that no one will suspect me nor link me to her disappearance.

First, I need to have a very good alibi and a foolproof plan of what to tell our friends and families about where I've been and why I don’t know the whereabouts of my girlfriend.

I spent hours in front of the mirror rehearsing the things that I’m going to say and studying the right facial expressions that I’m going to use that will convince them of my innocence.

I even volunteered to undergo a lie-detector test at the NBI but they all agreed that it was not necessary having been convinced of my innocence and credible acting as the distraught boyfriend.

For years I have maintained my good relationships with Diana’s family and even I was actually amazed at myself at how I managed to do that.

I tell you my acting was so damn good and convincing that I could have given Robert De Niro a run for his money!

I think most of us are born actors.

No comments: