Saturday, October 28, 2006

Joy Ride

One early Saturday evening as the Jeepney that I am riding was cruising along Quezon Avenue, I noticed a girl with a smiling face seated opposite to mine.I can tell that she's still in high school because she’s wearing a uniform of one of those Catholic Schools in downtown Manila.

I observed her in a not so obvious way- studying her moves, facial expressions, and demeanor while pretending to read a book on Rizal by Ambeth Ocampo.

She maybe around 15 years old but she was beautiful and big for her age; raven-haired and doe-eyed with porcelain skin and with a very nice set of pearly white teeth that goes with her oh-so- girly innocent smile. She could easily pass up for a beauty queen or a model or even a movie star so I thought to myself.

She alit at the SM City Complex and I followed her afterwards. She went into the food court and ordered a Burger and Fries combo. A couple of minutes later, another girl joined her and they went on with their meal with the usual chatter of hyper-active teenagers.

It's now 8:30 p.m. and it has been quite awhile so I decided that I need some time on my hands and got myself a six-pack of Ice-cold San Miguel Beer from one of the vendors in the food court. I was on my 5th mug of beer and a bit tipsy, when I noticed that they were gone.

I immediately run towards the entrance and was glad to see them, as they were about to ride a cab. Iimmediately hailed a taxi and instructed the driver to follow them.I learned that night that she lived in a modest bungalow somewhere near the Batasan Pambansa Complex in Quezon City.

The next day, I woke up very early and proceeded to her house and waited for her to come out.When she finally came out and rode the Jeepney, I followed and seated next to her. I enjoyed every minute of it especially so when I can smell her and her sweet perfume. It really gave me a lift that I was looking forward to it for almost everyday.

For three months, day in and day out, I was there seated inside the Jeepney next to my sweet little angel.

How I wish that it would go on forever and never to end.

But alas, some good things never really last as the old cliché goes.

For in the summer of that year I decided to end it all....

God Bless her soul.

No comments: